The following career opportunities are currently available at Desert Heights. If interested, please send your updated resume via email to the appropriate address.
Desert Heights Charter Schools (District)
- No district job openings at this time.
Desert Heights Charter School (K-4) – Unless otherwise specified, resumes should be submitted via email to Katherine Miller.
- Part Time/Full Time Bus Drivers (2018-19 School Year): Must have school bus endorsement. Proof of valid bus certification and AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card required. Contact Jay Jiles at (602)896-2900 option 6, or e-mail email@example.com.
- Backup/On-call Bus Driver: Must be flexible and have school bus endorsement. Proof of valid bus certification number required.
- Desert Heights Charter School is in need of excellent substitute teachers, please submit your resume and qualifications to Katherine Miller.
Desert Heights Preparatory Academy (5-12) – Unless otherwise specified, resumes should be submitted via email to Katherine Miller.
- Desert Heights Preparatory Academy is in need of excellent substitute teachers, please submit your resume and qualifications to Katherine Miller.
- Special Education Teacher: Desert Heights Preparatory Academy is looking for a dynamic and dedicated Special Education teacher to join our community and established Special Education team. This teacher would provide resource as well as push in depending upon the schedule for either High School students or Middle School students. While this teacher would be responsible for writing METs, IEPs, and progress monitoring, our Special Education Secretary would support the team in scheduling and reviewing Special Education documents prior to and after meetings.Starting salary is $42,000 with opportunity to earn up to $2,000.00 in performance pay. Must meet the certification and highly qualified requirements. To apply, email your resume and copy of your Fingerprint Clearance Card to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High School Math Teacher: Qualified candidates for teaching positions must either be Arizona Certified or highly qualified with 24 university hours of content and possess at least a Bachelor’s degree from a university or college. Additional Information:
1. In addition to the base salary amount, performance pay (301) is awarded to all certified staff that successfully completes established goals. Full Time employees receive benefits including health, dental, vision insurance, and 401K retirement plan.
2. Applicant must have a valid AZ Fingerprint Clearance card and a current resume for immediate interview.
3. Applicants must submit at least 3 letters of recommendation, transcripts, and all certifications/AEPA/NES results.
- Athletic Coaches: Looking for knowledgeable coaches eager to help build our competitive athletics program. Team practices for all levels (Junior High, Junior Varsity and Varsity) occur five (5) days/week with approximately 14-16 games scheduled each season. Requirements include a valid AZ Fingerprint Clearance card and a complete application (provided after the initial interview). Coaching positions are available for the following sports and interested candidates should email their resume to the DHPA Athletic Director, Courtney Martin.