We pride ourselves in staying in constant communication with our parents and students. We offer a variety of communication methods so our families can stay up-to-date regarding school events and activities. Please immediately contact the front office if you experience any issues receiving school communication.
The school, administration and teachers will heavily use e-mail to communicate with families. At a minimum, parents should look for e-mail correspondence on a daily basis to ensure information is not missed. Additionally, the school provides 3rd-12th grade students with an Office365 account so they can also receive e-mails.
On occasion the school will leverage text messaging to remind families of upcoming events and activities or to notify them of critical situations (emergency school closures, etc.).
- Text messages from Desert Heights will be received from the 23177, 53291, 63079 or 82932 short code. We recommend saving these numbers for reference.
- To opt-out from receiving text messages, text “STOP 8962900” to any of the short codes listed above.
- To opt-in to receive text messages, text “SUBSCRIBE 8962900″ to any of the short codes listed above. Please note that only the #1 and #2 parent/guardian on file for each student can opt-in to text messaging, and these contacts must have a valid mobile phone number on file in our system. Please confirm your student’s information and make changes as needed in ParentVUE.
Note: Depending on your cellular plan, message and data rates may apply.
We use voice messaging as another method of communicating with our families when needed. Calls from the school will be generated from our main phone line (602-896-2900).
We leverage many social media sites so don’t forget to follow us!
- Desert Heights Charter School (K-4) Social Media
- Desert Heights Preparatory Academy (5-12) Social Media
*Note: Additional sites exists for DHPA clubs and activities. Please ask sponsors for additional information.